The aerodynamics of the blades allows the wind turbine to begin to produce energy with very low wind speeds. Windspot begins to work from 2.5 m/s
The exclusive aerodynamics of the blades developed by the Sonkyo Energy research department results in a smooth and silent turn.
Aerodynamics: The production of the small wind turbine depends on the relation between the wind and the windmill rotor. That´s why the aerodynamic studies are important for the correct function of the machine:
-Scale blades profiles studies in wind tunnels.
- Working methodology development to predict prototypes performance in real scale.
-Theorical study of the aerodynamics based in lift principles using 3D simulations of the airflow.
-Noise reduction developing new profiles.
-Location study to improve small wind turbines performances: Towers height, closest obstacle, airflow characteristics (laminar or turbulent), or ground roughness.
Research, development and innovation are the pillars of our work at Sonkyo Energy. Our company is always looking to the future to improve our small wind turbines and make them the most productive, reliable and silent on the market. These are some of our current R&D&I projects:
- Pilot projects for isolated hybrid systems, in which WINDSPOT small wind turbines are the essential element.
- A project to improve the aerodynamic design of blades for low and high power wind turbines.
- The development of an improved passive centrifugal variable pitch system, appropriate for operating with larger sized blades and in which the aerodynamic demands on the blades start to play an important role.
- The development of a permanent magnet system, operating highly efficiently at a rated speed of no higher than 100 rpm.
- The development of an electronic monitoring and data collection system.
If you require more information please contact our R&D&I department.
Variable Pitch. Technology patented by and exclusive to Windspot
- It is a passive mechanism that uses the centrifugal force produced by the turning of the small wind turbine to change the attack angle of the blades, which adjust themselves in a synchronized movement, cushioned by a hydraulic cylinder, to the strength of the wind.
- Variable pitch provides higher productivity and reliability. Thanks to variable pitch, an excess of revolutions is avoided that would damage the generator and means that Windspot small wind turbine continues working at maximum performance even with high wind speeds.
- To protect themselves from the strongest winds, other turbines activate protection systems that, paradoxically, slow up their production when the conditions to produce energy are at their best.
Windspot is designed to work at low revolutions. Our small wind turbine does not exceed 250 rpm (WINDSPOT 3.5) while other turbines reach 1000 rpm. Low revolutions result in less noise without affecting energy production.
Mechanisms that work at low revolutions reduce fatigue on materials and have a lesser risk of suffering damage in the small wind turbine.
Windspot is a small wind turbine manufactured with the best materials.
Windspot is manufactured from stainless steel, anodized aluminium and bronze.
The turbine is protected against corrosion, dust and water.
The low weight of the blades, manufactured from polyester and fiberglass with RTM technology (Resin Transfer Molding), means that the turbine suffers less wear and tear, reducing the maintenance of the small wind turbine to a minimum.